A Treatment Protocol for Patients With Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor (GIST) Who May Derive Benefit From Treatment With SU011248
Basic Trial Information
|No phase specified||Treatment||Completed||18 and over||Pharmaceutical / Industry||A6181036|
The purpose of this study is to permit access to SU011248 for treatment use by patients with GIST given the following conditions: a) patients undergo screening, but are not eligible for participation in ongoing clinical studies such as A6181004; AND b) patients have GIST which standard treatments have not been able to control with acceptable toxicity AND c) patients have the potential to derive clinical benefit from treatment with SU011248.
Further Study Information
Given that an Expanded Access study does not meet the definition of a controlled clinical investigation, and as such, is not considered an applicable drug clinical trial per NIH, Basic Results for such studies are not required to be reported. Protocol A6181036 has been identified as an Expanded Access trial, and has been registered to ClinicalTrials.gov, however Basic Results will not be posted.
- Histologically proven Gastrointestinal Stomal Tumor (GIST) that is not amenable to standard therapy
- Undergone screening and found to be ineligible for participation in ongoing SU011248 clinical studies
- Patient judged to have potential to derive clinical benefit from SU011248 treatment by the treating physician
- Failed prior treatment with imatinib mesylate, defined as either progression of disease or significant toxicity during treatment with imatinib mesylate that precluded further treatment
- Male or Female, 18 years or older
- Resolution of all acute toxicities of prior therapies
- Adequate organ function
- Symptomatic congestive heart failure, myocardial infarction, or coronary artery bypass graft in the last 6 months, or ongoing severe or unstable angina or any unstable arrhythmia requiring medication
- Symptomatic central nervous system metastases
- Serious acute or chronic illness
- Current treatment on another clinical trial
- Pregnant or breastfeeding.
Trial Contact Information
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifier NCT00094029
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this data on May 20, 2015
Note: Information about this trial is from the ClinicalTrials.gov database. The versions designated for health professionals and patients contain the same text. Minor changes may be made to the ClinicalTrials.gov record to standardize the names of study sponsors, sites, and contacts. Cancer.gov only lists sites that are recruiting patients for active trials, whereas ClinicalTrials.gov lists all sites for all trials. Questions and comments regarding the presented information should be directed to ClinicalTrials.gov.