Study of Oral LBH589 in Adult Patients With Refractory Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma
Basic Trial Information
|Phase III, Phase II||Treatment||Completed||18 to 120||Pharmaceutical / Industry||CLBH589B2201|
This study will evaluate the safety and efficacy of LBH489B in adult patients with refractory Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma.
1. Written informed consent obtained prior to any screening procedures
2. Age ≥ 18 years old
3. Patients with biopsy-confirmed stages IB-IVA mycosis fungoides or Sézary syndrome. Patients with SS who have bone marrow involvement are also eligible.
4. Patients must have received at least two prior treatment regimens at least one of which was a systemic therapy regimen. Systemic regimens include oral bexarotene, PUVA, photophoresis, chemotherapy such as methotrexate, and interferon. Topical steroids alone are not considered as a treatment regimen.
5. Patients must have had disease progression on or following their most recent treatment regimen or an inadequate response to their most recent treatment regimen.
6. Patients will be accrued to one of two groups: Patients previously treated with oral bexarotene and patients who have not had prior oral bexarotene treatment.
1. Prior treatment with an HDAC inhibitor.
2. Patients with visceral disease including CNS involvement (i.e. stage IVB CTCL). Note; Patients with SS who have bone marrow involvement are eligible.
3. Impaired cardiac function
4. Concomitant use of drugs with a risk of causing torsades de pointes
5. Patients who have received chemotherapy or any investigational drug or undergone major surgery < 4 weeks prior to starting study drug or who have not recovered from side effects of such therapy
6. Less than 3 months since prior electron beam therapy
7. Female patients who are pregnant or breast feeding, or patients of reproductive potential not using an effective method of birth control, and male patients whose sexual partners are women of childbearing potential not using effective birth control Other protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply
Trial Contact Information
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifier NCT00425555
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this data on April 09, 2015
Note: Information about this trial is from the ClinicalTrials.gov database. The versions designated for health professionals and patients contain the same text. Minor changes may be made to the ClinicalTrials.gov record to standardize the names of study sponsors, sites, and contacts. Cancer.gov only lists sites that are recruiting patients for active trials, whereas ClinicalTrials.gov lists all sites for all trials. Questions and comments regarding the presented information should be directed to ClinicalTrials.gov.