Brain Malignancies Steering Committee
The Brain Malignancies Steering Committee (BMSC) was established in November of 2010. BMSC members include Cooperative Groups brain tumor disease committee chairs, representatives from Brain Tumor Consortia, translational scientists including brain Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPOREs), and R01/P01 investigators along with community oncologists, biostatisticians, patient advocates, and NCI staff.
The BMSC functions to harmonize an efficient, cost-effective, science-driven, and transparent process that will identify and promote the "Best Science" in brain cancer clinical research by addressing the design, prioritization and evaluation of phase II, and all phase III clinical trials. The BMSC focus is in both adult and pediatric brain cancers.
Roster of Brain Malignancies Steering Committee (BMSC) members
Ian Pollack, M.D and W.K. Alfred Yung, M.D., Co-chairs
Clinical Trials Planning Meetings (CTPMs)
The Goal of CTPMs is to:
- identify strategic directions for clinical trials in a specific field
- reach consensus on the most important clinical trials to conduct;
- identify portfolio gaps and emerging scientific opportunities;
- identify innovative trial design opportunities;
- facilitate innovation and collaboration among the broad oncology community active in the specific cancer under study
- PBTC-039: Phase II study of Peginterferon α-2b for Pediatric Patients with Unresectable or Recurrent Craniopharyngioma (NCT01964300)
- COG-ACNS1221: A Phase II Study For The Treatment Of Non-Metastatic Nodular Desmoplastic Medulloblastoma In Children Less Than 4 Years Of Age (NCT02017964)
- COG-ACNS1123: A Phase 2 Trial of Response-Based Radiation Therapy for Patients with Localized Central Nervous System Germ Cell Tumors (NCT01602666)
- Alliance-A071101: A Phase 2 Multicenter, Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial Comparing Efficacy of Heat Shock Protein-Peptide Complex-96 (HSPPC-96) Vaccine or Placebo in Combination with Bevacizumab (Avastin®) in the Therapy of Surgically Resectable Recurrent Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM)(NCT01814813)
- PBTC-036: A Molecular Biology and Phase II Study of Imetelstat (GRN163L) in Children with Recurrent High-Grade Glioma, Ependymoma, Medulloblastoma/Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumor (PNET) and Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (GBM)(NCT01836549)
- RTOG-1205: A Randomized Phase II Trial of Concurrent Bevacizumab and Re-Irradiation Versus Bevacizumab Alone as Treatment for Recurrent Glioblastoma(NCT01730950)
- COG-ACNS1022: A Phase II Trial of Lenalidomide in Pediatric Patients with Recurrent, Refractory or Progressive Low-Grade CNS Gliomas (NCT01553149)
- PBTC-033: A Feasibility and Phase II Study of ABT888, an oral poly( ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitor, and concurrent radiation therapy, followed by ABT888 and temozolomide, in children with newly diagnosed high-grade or diffuse pontine gliomas (DIPG) (NCT01514201)
To search all active clinical trials, go to: http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search
CCCT Contact: Abdul Tawab Amiri, Ph.D.