Cancer Control Leadership Forums
CGH Program/Initiative Type: Cancer Control Planning
National cancer control plans make up an important part of a country's non‐communicable disease (NCD) plan and can help countries meet NCD targets outlined in the WHO Global NCD Action Plan. The CGH’s Cancer Control Leadership Forums help increase the capacity of participating countries to initiate or enhance cancer control planning and implementation in their respective countries.
- Increase awareness of the importance of national cancer control planning and implementation in a regional setting
- Enhance understanding of national cancer control plan development and implementation
- Develop a written action plan with specific tasks to initiate or enhance each country’s national cancer control planning and implementation efforts
Regional Cancer Control Leadership Forums
Through strong partnerships, CGH develops regional cancer control leadership forums that provide opportunities for countries to exchange experiences and develop action plans around creating and implementing comprehensive cancer control plans.
Through these forums, meetings are convened with high-level leaders who represent government agencies involved in cancer and NCD efforts, as well as non-governmental organizations (NGOs), institutes, and academia. Large group presentations and interactive discussions, along with country team facilitated discussions and action planning sessions, are customized to the needs of the participating countries, and include practical guidance and examples of how other countries have developed and implemented cancer control plans.
- Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences (DCCPS)
- Scottsdale Healthcare (SHC)
- IAEA-Programme of Action for Cancer Therapy (PACT)
- Red de Institutos Nacionales de Cancer (RINC)
- Idaho Comprehensive Cancer Control Program (ICCCP)
Find more information about upcoming forums in Events