Services for the Cancer Community at Large
NCI Publications Locator - An online system for finding, viewing, and ordering NCI reports, publications, and other materials. Items can be retrieved by searching the system by topic, audience, language, and other categories. A catalog of available items, updated daily, can be printed for off-line use.
NCI's Cancer Information Service (CIS) - Provides the latest and most accurate cancer information to patients, their families, the public, and health professionals.
Cancer Information - The CIS provides personalized, confidential responses to specific questions about cancer.
- By telephone: U.S. residents may call the CIS toll free at 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237). CIS information specialists answer calls Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, in English or Spanish. Callers also have the option of listening to recorded information about cancer 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Chat: CIS information specialists also offer online assistance in English Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time through the LiveHelp link on NCI's www.cancer.gov Web site.
- E-mail: CIS responds to e-mail from the online contact form or e-mail sent directly to email@example.com. For Spanish e-mail service, use the Spanish contact form or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tobacco Cessation - The CIS provides assistance to smokers who want to quit:
- By telephone: U.S residents may call NCI's Smoking Quitline toll free at 1-877-44U-QUIT (1-877-448-7848) between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Information specialists are available to answer smoking-related questions in English or Spanish.
- Chat: Information specialists also offer online assistance to smokers in English Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time through the LiveHelp link on NCI's www.cancer.gov Web site and the Smokefree.gov Web site.
Public Inquiries Office - Responds to telephone, written, and e-mail inquiries about NCI's programs and activities and prepares correspondence and other materials in response to inquiries referred from NCI's DOCs, NIH and DHHS.
- Contact Information:
NCI Public Inquiries Office
BG 9609 MSC 9760
9609 Medical Center Drive
Bethesda, MD 20892-9760
- Contact Information: