Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Your Diagnosis
Learning that you have cancer can be a shock and you may feel overwhelmed at first. When you meet with your doctor, you will hear a lot of information. These questions may help you learn more about your cancer and what you can expect next.
- What type of cancer do I have?
- What is the stage of my cancer?
- Has it spread to other areas of my body?
- Will I need more tests before treatment begins? Which ones?
- Will I need a specialist(s) for my cancer treatment?
- Will you help me find a doctor to give me another opinion on the best treatment plan for me?
- How serious is my cancer?
- What are my chances of survival?
For questions about other topics, see our complete list of Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Cancer.