This page contains brief information about carboplatin and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
|US Brand Name(s):||Paraplat|
Carboplatin is approved to be used alone or with other drugs to treat:
- Non-small cell lung cancer that is locally advanced, cannot be treated with surgery, has metastasized (spread to other parts of the body), or has recurred (come back).
- Ovarian cancer that has recurred after treatment with other chemotherapy or is advanced and has never been treated. Carboplatin is also used for palliative treatment of ovarian cancer that has recurred after earlier chemotherapy.
Carboplatin is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.More About Carboplatin
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Carboplatin - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.Research Results
Clinical Trial Results: Preoperative Chemotherapy, Radiation Improve Survival in Esophageal Cancer - Important clinical trial results for this drug, background information, and how the trial was done.
Clinical Trial Results: Chemotherapy Combination Improves Survival in Elderly Lung Cancer Patients - Important clinical trial results for this drug, background information, and how the trial was done.
Clinical Trial Results: Modified Chemotherapy Regimen Effective in Advanced Ovarian Cancer - Important clinical trial results for this drug, background information, and how the trial was done.Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Carboplatin - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.
Important: The drug information on this page is meant to be educational. It is not a substitute for medical advice. The information may not cover all possible uses, actions, interactions, or side effects of this drug, or precautions to be taken while using it. Please see your health care professional for more information about your specific medical condition and the use of this drug.