Peginterferon Alfa-2b(peg-IN-ter-FEER-on AL-fuh ...)
This page contains brief information about peginterferon alfa-2b and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
|US Brand Name(s):||Sylatron|
Peginterferon alfa-2b is approved to treat:
- Melanoma. It is used as adjuvant therapy in patients who have had surgery to remove cancer that has spread to the lymph nodes. This use is approved for the Sylatron brand of peginterferon alfa-2b.
Peginterferon alfa-2b is also approved to treat hepatitis C. This use is approved for the PEG-Intron brand.
Peginterferon alfa-2b is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.More About Peginterferon Alfa-2b
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Peginterferon Alfa-2b - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Peginterferon Alfa-2b - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.
Important: The drug information on this page is meant to be educational. It is not a substitute for medical advice. The information may not cover all possible uses, actions, interactions, or side effects of this drug, or precautions to be taken while using it. Please see your health care professional for more information about your specific medical condition and the use of this drug.