Links to information on cancer treatment methods, specific anticancer drugs, and drug development and approval. Research updates, cancer treatment facilities, and other topics are also covered.
On this page:
Treatment for Specific Cancers
- NCI and Medical Decision Making
Information on NCI's role in support of medical decision making.
- PDQ® Cancer Information Summaries: Adult Treatment
Treatment options for adult cancers.
- PDQ® Cancer Information Summaries: Pediatric Treatment
Treatment options for childhood cancers.
- A to Z List of Cancers
An alphabetical list of all cancers, with links to disease-specific and general information about treatment, supportive care, screening, prevention, clinical trials, and other topics.
- CAR T-Cell Therapy: Engineering Patients’ Immune Cells to Treat Their Cancers
An article about an immunotherapy approach that involves engineering patients’ own immune cells to recognize and attack their tumors. Several small ongoing phase I trials testing ACT in patients with advanced acute lymphoblastic leukemia are described.
- MEK: A Single Drug Target Shows Promise in Multiple Cancers
Drugs that block the MEK protein have shown promise in several cancers. Trametinib has had encouraging results in patients with advanced melanoma, and selumetinib has been tested in patients with advanced thyroid and ovarian cancers.
- Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Treatment
Suggested questions for cancer patients to ask their doctors about treatment choices and the possible side effects of treatment.
- Types of Treatment
Information on chemotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapies, and other cancer treatment methods.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Healing philosophies, approaches, and therapies used in complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in cancer care.
- Cancer Treatment Scams
Information from the Federal Trade Commission for cancer patients about how to spot false health claims and the importance of talking with their physicians about treatments they are considering.
Cancer Treatment Facilities
- How To Find a Doctor or Treatment Facility If You Have Cancer
A fact sheet that offers suggestions for choosing a physician and facility for cancer treatment.
- NCI-Designated Cancer Centers
NCI-Designated Cancer Centers develop and translate scientific knowledge from promising laboratory discoveries into new treatments for cancer patients. They are at the forefront of NCI-supported efforts at universities and cancer research centers across the United States. Find a center near you and learn about their research capabilities and patient services.
- Cancer Clinical Trials at the NIH Clinical Center
A fact sheet about cancer clinical trials at the NIH Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
- What Are Clinical Trials?
Information covering the basics of cancer clinical trials, including what they are, where they take place, and the types of clinical trials. Also, explains phases, randomization, placebo, and members of the research team.
- Clinical Trial Results by Type of Cancer or Topic
A collection of links to summaries of recently announced results from cancer clinical trials, sorted by type of cancer.
- How to Find a Cancer Treatment Trial: A 10-Step Guide
This guide will help you to learn about cancer treatment trials that are of potential benefit to you and to decide whether to participate in a particular trial.
- Search for Clinical Trials
NCI's List of Cancer Clinical Trials.
Care After Treatment
- Questions to Ask Your Doctor When You Have Finished Treatment
Suggested questions for cancer patients to ask their doctors after treatment is finished and they are planning for follow-up care and next steps.
- Follow-up Care After Cancer Treatment
A fact sheet that provides information about follow-up medical care for patients who have completed cancer treatment.
- Facing Forward: Life After Cancer Treatment
Information and guidance about post-treatment issues such as follow-up medical care, physical and emotional changes, changes in social relationships, and issues in the workplace.