Here are some questions to ask your doctor or nurse.
About Cancer Prevention Studies
- Is there a prevention study that I can participate in?
- Why is the study being done?
- What is the difference between the two groups in the study?
- How long will the study last?
- How will I be told about the study results?
About Benefits and Risks
- How can this study help me?
- What are the side effects of the medicines or vitamins being used in the study?
About Protecting Your Rights
- How do I know this study is safe?
- How will my health be checked during the study?
- How will my health information be kept private?
About Deciding To Take Part
- What will I have to do if I take part?
- How could the study change what I do every day?
- Where will I have my medical exams?
- Will I be able to see my own doctor?
- What will I have to pay for if I take part in this trial?
- Will I be able to find out about the results?