Insurance Coverage: Michigan
Agreement: Michigan consensus agreement
Effective: February 2002
What clinical trials are covered?
Phase II and III cancer clinical trials that are sponsored or approved by any one of the following:
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Cancer Institute
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The agreement also would cover any side effects from the clinical trial treatment, including hospitalization costs.
Who is required to pay?
Private insurance plans, HMOs and the Michigan Medicaid Program.
Other key provisions:
- Coverage for Phase I trials is under consideration.