Insurance Coverage: Rhode Island
For more information about insurance coverage of clinical trial costs, see this feature's main page: States That Require Health Plans to Cover Patient Care Costs in Clinical Trials.
Effective: 1995 (SB 2623); 1998 (SB1, HB 5062)
What clinical trials are covered?
Phase II, III, and IV cancer clinical trials approved by one of the following:
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- A community clinical oncology program
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- A qualified nongovernmental research entity, as identified by an NIH support grant.
Who is required to pay?