Insurance Coverage: Wyoming
For more information about insurance coverage of clinical trial costs, see this feature's main page: States That Require Health Plans to Cover Patient Care Costs in Clinical Trials.
Legislation: Senate File 0024 (SF0024)
Effective: July 1, 2008
What clinical trials are covered?
Phase II, III, or IV clinical trials for the treatment of cancer, as approved by one of the following:
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- A qualified research entity that meets the criteria for NIH grant eligibility
Who is required to pay?
All health insurance policies, contracts, and certificates providing coverage to any resident of this state, including managed care organizations.
Other key provisions:
- The medical treatment must be provided by a licensed health care provider operating within the scope of his/her license in a facility whose personnel has the experience and training necessary to provide the treatment in a competent manner.
- The clinical trial participant must have signed an informed consent document prior to starting the trial.