Prostate Cancer Trial Results
- PSA Velocity Does Not Improve Prostate Cancer Detection
(Posted: 04/13/2011) - A rapid increase in prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels is not grounds for automatically recommending a prostate biopsy, according to a study published online February 24, 2011, in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.
- Can Aspirin Reduce Cancer Risk and Mortality?
(Posted: 03/30/2011) - A meta-analysis of eight clinical trials involving regular aspirin use showed a substantial reduction in mortality for a number of different cancers.
- New Drug Benefits Patients with Advanced Prostate Cancer
(Updated: 11/05/2010) - The drug cabazitaxel improves the survival of some patients with advanced prostate cancer compared with those who receive standard chemotherapy.
- Adding Radiation to Hormone Therapy Improves Survival in Locally Advanced Prostate Cancer
(Posted: 07/08/2010) - Adding radiotherapy to androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) improves survival in men with locally advanced prostate cancer, according to findings presented at the 2010 ASCO meeting in Chicago.
- Dutasteride Decreases Prostate Cancer Risk
(Posted: 04/12/2010) - Results from a large randomized clinical trial indicate that men at an increased risk for prostate cancer reduced their risk with regular use of the drug dutasteride (Avodart).