|Phase II, Phase I||Supportive care, Treatment||Completed||Not specified||Other||R21 AT001120|
The purpose of this study is to determine whether Reiki energy healing affects anxiety and disease progression in patients with localized prostate cancer who are candidates for radical prostatectomy.
Further Study Information
120 newly diagnosed prostate cancer patients will be randomized to one of 3 groups: Reiki, another touch therapy, or guided imagery. Subjects in the Reiki and touch therapy groups have 8 sessions in the 4 weeks prior to their medical intervention. Those in the imagery group have one session prior to their medical intervention.
- Newly diagnosed with prostate cancer
- Scheduled for radial prostatectomy, external beam radiation, brachytherapy, or a combination of these
- Already involved in energy healing treatments
- Any patient whose medical intervention could not wait the 4-weeks for intervention for medical reasons
- Any patient who gets neo-adjuvant therapy or any herbal product that could affect PSA
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer CenterNational Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
|Joan Fox, Ph.D.||Principal Investigator|
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifer NCT00065208
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this data on October 17, 2013
Back to Top