Clinical Trials (PDQ®)
|No phase specified||Tissue collection/Repository||Active||Pediatric||NCI, Other||CDR0000352347|
COG-ACNS02B3, ACNS02B3, NCT00919750
RATIONALE: Collecting and storing samples of tumor tissue and blood from patients to test in the laboratory may help the study of cancer in the future.
PURPOSE: The purpose of this study is to collect and store brain tissue samples and blood from children with brain cancer that will be tested in the laboratory.
Further Study Information
- Collect brain tumor tissue and an accompanying blood sample from pediatric patients with brain tumors treated at Children's Oncology Group institutions.
- Provide a repository for long-term storage of specimens from these patients.
- Make these specimens available to qualified researchers to understand the biology of pediatric brain tumors.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study
Brain tumor tissue and blood specimens are collected from patients and banked for future study.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: An unlimited number of specimens will be collected.
- Diagnosis of brain tumor
- Previously treated at a Children's Oncology Group (COG) institution
- Patients are eligible at time of diagnosis, second-look surgery, recurrence, or development of a second malignant neoplasm
- Must have brain tumor biological specimens derived from primary tumors of the CNS available for submission
- Not specified
PRIOR CONCURRENT THERAPY:
- Not specified
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
Children's Oncology GroupNational Cancer Institute
|Scott Pomeroy||Study Chair|
|Jaclyn A. Biegel|
|Saint Peter's University Hospital|
|Douglas A Cipkala||Ph: 732-745-8600ext6163|
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifer NCT00919750
Information obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov on November 26, 2012
Back to Top