|Phase II, Phase I||Treatment||Completed||18 and over||Other||CRC 0503|
The purpose of this study is to determine the effectiveness, safety, tolerability and best dose of Lapatinib (GW572016) in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel.
Further Study Information
The MTD was found in the phase I portion of this study to be oral lapatinib 1000 mg per day for each 4 week cycle and paclitaxel 60 mg/m2 weekly x 3 of a 4 week cycle and carboplatin AUC 2 weekly x 3 of a 4 week cycle.
- Relapsed (Stage III or IV) ovarian, primary peritoneal, fallopian tube carcinoma patients.
- Stage IV metastatic breast cancer patients who have failed no more than four previous chemotherapies for Stage IV disease.
- Ability to swallow and retain oral medications.
- Measurable disease
- Treatment with previous weekly carboplatin and paclitaxel.
- No prior treatment with erbB targeting therapies such as erlotinib, gefitinib and cetuximab.
- No concomitant requirement for medication classification as CYP3A4 inducers or inhibitors.
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
Swedish Cancer Institute at Swedish Medical Center - First Hill CampusGlaxoSmithkline
|Saul E. Rivkin||Principal Investigator|
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifer NCT00316407
Information obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov on November 20, 2012
Back to Top