|No phase specified||Tissue collection/Repository||Active||Any age||NCI, Other||CDR0000495369|
COG-AHOD04B1, AHOD04B1, NCT00900250
RATIONALE: Collecting and storing samples of tumor tissue and blood from patients with cancer to study in the laboratory may help the study of cancer in the future.
PURPOSE: This laboratory study is collecting and storing samples of tissue and blood from young patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Further Study Information
- Establish a biologic specimen repository (of tumor tissue, tissue arrays, lymphoblastoid cell lines, host DNA, tumor and host RNA, serum, and plasma) and database linked to clinical features and outcomes from well-characterized cohorts of children and young adults with Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Provide specimens from diagnosis, early response evaluation, completion of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, long-term follow up, and relapse to study prognostic factors for early response, relapse, long-term outcomes, and identification of new biological targets for therapy.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Patients enrolled on Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL) therapeutic clinical trials undergo collection of tumor tissue samples at baseline and at relapse or disease progression. Serum and anticoagulated peripheral blood samples are collected at baseline, at week 1, on day 1 of course 2, after completion of chemotherapy, after completion of radiotherapy, at 1 year after diagnosis, and at relapse or disease progression.
Patients with relapsed or progressive disease who plan to enroll on HL relapse/retrieval clinical trials undergo collection of tumor tissue, serum, and anticoagulated peripheral blood samples at relapse or disease progression.
Patients enrolled more than 1 year after completion of treatment undergo collection of tumor specimens, serum, and anticoagulated peripheral blood samples at time of clinical evaluation.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 1,272 patients will be accrued for this study.
- Histologically confirmed Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL) meeting 1 of the following criteria:
- Newly diagnosed, untreated HL (for patients under 22 years of age)
- Past or present diagnosis of HL and past or present enrollment on a Children's Oncology Group (COG) or legacy HL clinical trial (for patients of any age)
- Not specified
PRIOR CONCURRENT THERAPY:
- Not specified
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
Children's Oncology GroupNational Cancer Institute
|Meghan Higman||Study Chair|
|Pedro A. de Alarcon|
|Saint Peter's University Hospital|
|Douglas A Cipkala||Ph: 732-745-8600ext6163|
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifer NCT00900250
Information obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov on November 26, 2012
Back to Top