|Phase IV||Treatment||Completed||18 and over||Other||08-060|
This study will evaluate the local control rate as well as acute and late toxicity rates of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for the treatment of unresectable pancreatic cancer.
Further Study Information
This is a single institution, non-randomized, prospective, phase IV trial of SBRT for unresectable pancreatic cancer.
Data collected will include patient demographics, pathology data, tumor stage, SBRT dose fractionation scheme, dose received by adjacent critical normal tissues, tumor recurrence data, and acute and late toxicities.
Follow up data will be collected during the patient's standard office visits. The anticipated duration of this study is 5 years.
- Patient age >= 18 years
- Zubrod performance status of 0-3
- Unresectable pancreatic cancer
- Maximum tumor diameter < 7.5 cm
- Signed study-specific consent form
- Maximum tumor diameter > 7.5 cm
- Prior radiotherapy to the upper abdomen
- Pregnant or lactating women, due to potential exposure of the fetus to RT and unknown effects of RT on lactating females
- Patients with psychiatric or addictive disorder that would preclude obtaining informed consent
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
David C. Pratt Cancer Center at St. John's Mercy
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifer NCT01346410
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this data on December 03, 2013
Back to Top