Clinical Trials (PDQ®)
|Phase II||Biomarker/Laboratory analysis, Treatment||Closed||18 and over||Pharmaceutical / Industry||D4880C00003|
This is a Phase 2b, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group study. Subjects with unresectable pleural or peritoneal malignant mesothelioma will be randomized in a 2:1 ratio to receive either tremelimumab or placebo. Approximately 564 subjects will be enrolled at study centers in multiple countries. The study consists of a screening period, a treatment period, a 90-day follow-up period for safety, and a long-term survival follow-up period.
Further Study Information
This is a Phase 2b, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group study. Subjects with unresectable pleural or peritoneal malignant mesothelioma will be randomized in a 2:1 ratio to receive either tremelimumab or placebo.
Randomization will be stratified by EORTC status (low-risk vs high-risk), line of therapy (second vs third), and anatomical site (pleural vs peritoneal). This study plans to use the EORTC to stratify subjects into high or low risk groups in order to ensure balanced randomization to the different treatment groups. For subjects in whom pemetrexed was contraindicated or not tolerated or not an approved therapy (eg, peritoneal mesothelioma), prior therapy with a first-line platinum-based regimen is required. Approximately 564 subjects will be enrolled at study centers in multiple countries.
The study consists of a screening period, a treatment period, and a 90-day follow-up period.
- Histologically and/or cytologically confirmed pleural or peritoneal malignant mesothelioma. Disease not amenable to curative surgery;
- Age 18 and over at the time of consent;
- ECOG Performance status 0-1;
- Progressed after previous receipt of 1-2 prior systemic treatment for advanced disease that included a first-line pemetrexed (or anti-folate)-based regimen in combination with platinum agent;
- Recovered from all toxicities associated with prior treatment; - Measurable disease;
- Adequate bone marrow, hepatic, and renal function
- Received any prior monoclonal antibody against CTLA-4, programmed cell death 1 (PD1) or programmed cell death 1 ligand 1 (PD-L1);
- History of chronic inflammatory or autoimmune disease;
- Active, untreated central nervous system (CNS) metastasis;
- History of other malignancy unless the subject has been disease-free for at least 3 years;
- Active or history of diverticulitis. Note that diverticulosis is permitted;
- Active or history of inflammatory bowel disease (eg, colitis, Crohn's), irritable bowel disease, celiac disease or other serious gastrointestinal chronic conditions associated with diarrhea. Active or history of systemic lupus erythematosis or Wegener's granulomatosis;
- History of sarcoidosis syndrome;
- Currently receiving systemic corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive medications;
- The last dose of prior chemotherapy or radiation therapy (with the exception of palliative radiotherapy) was received less than 2 weeks prior to randomization;
- Any unresolved toxicity NCI CTCAE Grade ≥ 2 from previous anticancer therapy; with the exception of vitiligo and alopecia.
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifer NCT01843374
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this data on January 20, 2015
Back to Top