|Phase III||Treatment||Closed||18 and over||Pharmaceutical / Industry||D4200C00058|
The purpose of this study is to learn how hereditary or sporadic medullary thyroid cancer patients, treated with ZD6474, react to the drug, what happens to ZD6474 in the human body, about the side effects of ZD6474, and if ZD6474 can decrease or prevent the growth of tumors.
- Confirmed diagnosis of unresectable, locally advanced or metastatic hereditary or sporadic Medullary Thyroid Cancer.
- Presence of measurable tumor
- Able to swallow medication
- Major surgery within 4 weeks before randomization
- Last dose of prior chemotherapy received less than 4 weeks prior to randomization
- Radiation therapy within the last 4 weeks prior to randomization(with exception of palliative radiotherapy)
- Brain metastases or spinal cord compression, unless treated at least 4 weeks before first dose and stable without steroid treatment for 10 days
- Significant cardiac events
- Previous ZD6474 treatment
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP
|Peter Langmuir, MD||Study Director|
|Samuel Wells, MD||Principal Investigator|
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifer NCT00410761
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this data on October 17, 2013
Back to Top