Clinical Trials (PDQ®)
|Phase III||Treatment||Completed||18 and over||Pharmaceutical / Industry||EFC6193|
This is a randomized, open-label, multi-center study comparing the safety and efficacy of XRP6258 plus prednisone to mitoxantrone plus prednisone in the treatment of hormone refractory metastatic prostate cancer previously treated with a Taxotere®-containing regimen. The primary objective is overall survival. Secondary objectives include progression free survival, overall response rate, prostate-specific antigen (PSA) response/progression, pain response/progression, overall safety, and pharmacokinetics. Patients will be treated until disease progression, death, unacceptable toxicity, or for a maximum of 10 cycles. Patients will have long-term follow-up for a maximum of up to 2 years.
1. Histologically or cytologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the prostate that is refractory to hormone therapy and previously treated with a Taxotere®-containing regimen.
2. Documented progression of disease (demonstrating at least one visceral or soft tissue metastatic lesion, including a new lesion). Patients with non-measurable disease must have documented rising prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels or appearance of new lesion.
3. Surgical or hormone-induced castration
4. Life expectancy > 2 months
5. Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status 0 - 2
1. Previous treatment with mitoxantrone
2. Previous treatment with <225 mg/m^2 cumulative dose of Taxotere (or docetaxel)
3. Prior radiotherapy to ≥ 40% of bone marrow
4. Surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, or other anti-cancer therapy within 4 weeks prior to enrollment in the study
5. Other prior malignancy, except for adequately treated superficial basal cell skin cancer, or any other cancer from which the patient has been disease-free for less than 5 years
6. Known brain or leptomeningeal involvement
7. Other concurrent serious illness or medical conditions
8. Inadequate organ function evidenced by unacceptable laboratory results
The investigator will evaluate whether there are other reasons why a patient may not participate.
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
Sanofi-Aventis United Kingdom
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifer NCT00417079
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this data on November 12, 2014
Back to Top