|Phase III||Treatment||Active||18 to 70||Other||2006 BAI02A02-01|
This study was designed to determine whether adjuvant vinorelbine plus cisplatin and endostar prolongs overall survival compare to vinorelbine plus cisplatin alone among patients with completely resected IB-IIIA non-small-cell lung cancer.
The patients with completely resected stage IB to stage IIIA non-small cell lung cancer were randomly assigned to the group of vinorelbine plus cisplatin plus endostar or to the group of vinorelbine plus cisplatin . The primary end point was overall survival; principal secondary end points were recurrence-free survival and the toxicity and safety of the regimens.
Further Study Information
It is an open labelled, randomized, multi-center phase III clinical trail.A total of 1108 patients with resected stage IB to stage IIIA non-small cell lung cancer will either ether the group of vinorelbine plus cisplatin plus endostar or the group of vinorelbine plus cisplatin randomly. The primary end point was overall survival; principal secondary end points were recurrence-free survival and the toxicity and safety of the regimens.The major inclusive criteria are pathological confirmed non-small cell lung cancer after complete resection and can tolerate chemotherapy safely.The tissue and blood samples will be banked for further investigation. All of the enrolled patients will be followed up until death or over 5 years.
- Histologically confirmed non-small cell lung cancer, the pathology type includes squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, large-cell carcinoma, and any mixed type of the 3 types mentioned above.
- Stage IB-IIIA non-small cell lung cancer, tumor was completely resected (The type of surgery including lobectomy, left side pneumonectomy,bi-lobectomy).
- The time from surgery to first dose of adjuvant chemotherapy are mandatory between 4-8 weeks.
- No evidence of tumor relapse prior to adjuvant therapy.
- Age 18-70, ECOG performance status 0-1.
- Normal hematologic function.Renal function , hepatic and cardiac function will be within the acceptable ranges as following:serum bilirubin, AST and ALT levels below 1.5 times of normal value.
- No history of chemotherapy or radiotherapy;
- The patient should have well compliance for chemotherapy and follow up.Informed consent should be obtained before treatment.
- The histological or cytological documents do not match the inclusion criteria.
- Right side pneumonectomy or any kind of incompletely resected surgery.
- The recruitment time are beyond 8 weeks from surgery.
- Any concurrent acute or chronic systemic diseases or psychiatric diseases, which might both increase the risks of the research itself or the medical therapy and influence the research results analysis. The researchers can make a judge for the following conditions to tell whether they are fit for this research:Uncontrolled high blood pressure, unstable angina , myocardial infarction , uncontrolled arrhythmia,or congestive heart failure with clinical symptoms within 12 weeks before randomization.Evidence of anemia from electrocardiographic manifestation or heart valve disease with confirmed clinical diagnosis.Clinically significant active infection state due to bacteria, virus and fungi invasion. Patients with grade II arrhythmia, grade II myocardial anemia, grade II abnormal cardiac troponin T, grade II high blood pressure or left ventricle ejection fraction (LVEF) less than 50 percent according to CTC 3.0 are not permitted to enrol the study.
- women with pregnant or lactation.
- Before enter the group,the patients had other malignant tumors except for non-melanoma skin cancer, carcinoma in situ and cured early-stage prostate cancer.
- With allergic constitution or possible allergic reflection to any known research drugs.
- Poor compliance.
- Not proper for the research according to the researchers' judgment.
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
Cancer Institute Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical SciencesCancer Institute Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
Shanghai Jiao Tong University College of Medicine
Beijing Chao Yang Hospital
|Jie He, M.D. & Ph.D.||Study Chair|
|Xinling Liu, Bachelor||Ph: 86-10-87788495|
|Cancer Institute Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences|
|Xinling Liu, Bachelor||Ph: 86-10-87788495|
|Fang Li, M.D.||Ph: 86-13910145882|
|Xiangru Zhang, M.D.||Sub-Investigator|
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifer NCT00576914
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this data on October 17, 2013
Back to Top