An interactive tool designed by scientists at the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the University of Pennsylvania, and the University of California, San Francisco to estimate a person's absolute risk of developing invasive melanoma. The tool helps clinicians identify individuals at higher risk of melanoma and plan with them for appropriate screening interventions.
- Select Pocket PC Download from the Melanoma Risk Assessment Tool (MRAT) website (www.cancer.gov/melanomarisktool) and wait for the download dialog box to load.
- Save the MobileMRATSetup.exe file to a folder on your PC. Once the download completes, double-click on the file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If your Pocket PC is in its cradle, the Mobile MRAT will be installed directly to your Pocket PC. If your Pocket PC is not in its cradle, the installation process will be automatically completed the next time you synchronize your Pocket PC.
- The Mobile MRAT is now installed on your Pocket PC and a program icon is in your Pocket PC's Start menu and in the Programs folder. Please tap the Mobile MRAT program icon on your Pocket PC to launch the Mobile MRAT.
- When updates become available, they will require a download and re-installation of the Mobile MRAT.
Common Installation Problems / Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I can't run the MobileMRATSetup.exe file on my PC.If you do not have Administrator privileges on your PC, you may need to contact your computer systems support staff to assist with the installation process.
Why do I get an error when I try to synchronize my Pocket PC?Synchronization errors are often caused by insufficient memory. To check the memory on your Pocket PC, see the instructions below.
How do I make sure my Pocket PC has enough memory to meet the system requirements?To check the existing memory:
- Open the Pocket PC's Start menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Memory to view your current memory usage.
- Go to the Pocket PC's Start menu
- Select Settings.
- Select the System tab.
- Select Remove Programs.
- Tap a program that you want to delete and then tap Remove. Use File Explorer to remove data files that are no longer needed.
I ran the Installer and synchronized my Pocket PC, but I can't find the Mobile MRAT.It's possible that the Mobile MRAT did not completely install during synchronization.
- Synchronize again and check whether the application was successfully installed.
- If not, check if there is enough memory available memory on your Pocket PC. You may have to free up additional memory to successfully complete the installation process.
- If the Mobile MRAT still has not been installed on your Pocket PC, run MobileMRATSetup.exe again and proceed as directed. Allow the setup program to repair the application.
How do I re-install the Mobile MRAT after I perform a Hard Reset on my Pocket PC?A Hard Reset removes all applications and data from your Pocket PC. To re-install the Mobile MRAT, cradle your Pocket PC, run MobileMRATSetup.exe, and follow the on-screen instructions. Allow the setup program to repair the application.
I purchased a new Pocket PC and want to install the Mobile MRAT on it.Cradle your new Pocket PC, run MobileMRATSetup.exe, and follow the on-screen instructions. Allow the setup program to repair the application.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.