How to Apply
Application Receipt Dates and Review Schedule
|Application Receipt Date: New, Renewal*, Revision*, and Resubmission*||Initial Review Date||Council Review Date||Earliest Possible Start Date **|
|Receipt Cycle 1||January 25||June/July||September/ October||December|
|Receipt Cycle 2||May 25||October/November||January/ February||April|
|Receipt Cycle 3||September 25||February/March||May/June||July|
* The move to electronic applications also has brought a change in terminology. The new Grants.gov terminology (included in the table above) corresponds to traditional NIH terms as follows:
- New = new
- Resubmission = a revised or amended application
- Renewal = Competing Continuation
- Continuation = Progress Report
- Revision = Competing Supplement
If the application receipt date falls on a weekend, the application must be postmarked by the application receipt date and received at the Center for Scientific Review (CSR) by the following Monday.
If the application receipt date falls on a holiday, (but not on a weekend), the application must be postmarked by the application receipt date and received at CSR by the following day.
** Start dates are determined by the availability of NCI funds and may not occur until well after the earliest possible start date.