Inclusion Criteria for NCI Cancer Genetics Services Directory
Notice: This service is being retired on September 30, 2019.
The Genetics Services Directory will no longer be available on this website after that date.
- Licensed, board certified, or board eligible in their profession.
- A member of one of the following professional organizations or special interest groups:
- American College of Medical Genetics (ACMG)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG)
- Collaborative Group of the Americas on Inherited Colorectal Cancer (CGA-ICC)
- International Society for Gastrointestinal Hereditary Tumors (InSiGHT)
- International Society of Nurses in Genetics (ISONG)
- National Society of Genetic Counselors (NSGC)
- NSGC Special Interest Group in Cancer
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS)
- ONS Cancer Genetics Special Interest Group
- Specific training or professional experience in cancer genetics. This could include:
- Publications authored
- Courses taken
- Years of experience
- Number of patients counseled per year about genetic susceptibility to cancer
- Investigator or research professional on genetics clinical trials
- Clinical preceptorships taken
- A member of or affiliated with an interdisciplinary team with substantial expertise in cancer genetics. Members of the team should be able to provide the following expertise in relation to cancer genetics:
- Patient genetics education
- Patient cancer-risk assessment
- Appropriate pre- and post-test counseling and informed consent (including ethical, legal, and social issues related to testing and disclosure of test results)
- Genetic susceptibility testing (including information on limitations, specific tests available, and regulations concerning testing procedures such as CLIA and CAP/ACMG)
- Follow-up plan of care (including medical care, psychological support, and counseling about options for prevention or early detection guidelines)
- Willing to accept referrals.
Search the NCI Cancer Genetics Service Directory.