A Study of ZW25 With Palbociclib Plus Fulvestrant in Patients With HER2+ / HR+ Advanced Breast Cancer
- Pathologically-confirmed diagnosis of breast cancer with evidence of locally advanced (unresectable) and/or metastatic disease. All patients in both Parts 1 and 2 must have HER2-positive and HR-positive disease.
- Disease that has progressed or been refractory to prior treatment with trastuzumab, pertuzumab, AND ado-trastuzumab emtansine (T-DM1). Patients in any part of the study who did not receive pertuzumab or T-DM1 because of lack of access (e.g., due to insurance coverage or because they were treated prior to regulatory agency approval of the agent in a relevant indication) or due to medical ineligibility for treatment with T-DM1 (e.g., history of severe infusion reactions to trastuzumab, >/= Grade 2 peripheral neuropathy, or platelet count < 100 x 10^9/L) may be eligible for the study. Prior treatment with endocrine therapy in the neoadjuvant, adjuvant, and/or metastatic setting is permitted.
- Sites of disease assessible per RECIST version 1.1 (both measurable and non-measurable disease allowed)
- An Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Status score of 0 or 1
- Adequate organ function
- Adequate cardiac left ventricular function, as defined by a left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) >/= institutional standard of normal
- Prior treatment with trastuzumab, pertuzumab, lapatinib, T-DM1, or other anti-HER2-targeted therapy </= 3 weeks before the first dose of ZW25
- Prior treatment with chemotherapy, other anti-cancer therapy not otherwise specified, or hormonal cancer therapy </= 3 weeks before the first dose of ZW25
- Prior treatment with palbociclib or any other CDK4/6 inhibitor, including experimental agents
- History of myocardial infarction or unstable angina within 6 months prior to enrollment, troponin levels consistent with myocardial infarction, or clinically significant cardiac disease, such as ventricular arrhythmia requiring therapy, uncontrolled hypertension, or any history of symptomatic congestive heart failure (CHF)
- QTc Fridericia (QTcF) > 450 ms
- Grade 2 or greater pneumonitis and/or interstitial lung disease, including pulmonary fibrosis, or other clinically significant infiltrative pulmonary disease not related to lung metastases
- Active hepatitis B or hepatitis C infection
- Acute or chronic uncontrolled renal disease, pancreatitis, or severe liver disease (Child-Pugh Class C)
- Known infection with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)-1 or HIV-2 (Exception: patients with well controlled-HIV [e.g., cluster of differentiation 4 (CD4)-positive T-cell count > 350 mm3 and undetectable viral load] are eligible.)
- Prior or concurrent malignancy whose natural history or treatment has the potential to interfere with the safety or efficacy assessment of the investigational regimen
- Brain metastases: Untreated central nervous system (CNS) metastases, symptomatic CNS metastases, or radiation treatment for CNS metastases within 4 weeks of start of study treatment. Stable, treated brain metastases are allowed (defined as patients who are off steroids and anticonvulsants and are neurologically stable for at least 1 month at the time of screening).
- Known leptomeningeal disease (LMD)
- Grade 3 or greater peripheral neuropathy
Part 1 of the study will first evaluate the safety and tolerability of ZW25 in combination with palbociclib plus fulvestrant and will confirm the recommended doses (RDs) of ZW25 and palbociclib in this combination. Part 2 of the study will evaluate the anti-tumor activity of the RD level of the combination of ZW25 with palbociclib plus fulvestrant in patients with HER2-positive, HR-positive advanced breast cancer.
Trial Phase Phase II
Trial Type Treatment
- Primary ID ZWI-ZW25-202
- Secondary IDs NCI-2020-02983, 2019-002956-18
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT04224272