This page contains brief information about umbralisib tosylate and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
Use in Cancer
Umbralisib tosylate is approved to treat:
- Marginal zone lymphoma that has relapsed (come back) or is refractory (does not respond to treatment). It is used in adults who have received at least one prior anti-CD20 therapy.
- Follicular lymphoma that has relapsed or is refractory. It is used in adults who have received at least three other systemic therapies.
These uses are approved under FDA’s Accelerated Approval Program. As a condition of approval, confirmatory trial(s) must show that umbralisib tosylate provides a clinical benefit in these patients. Umbralisib tosylate is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
More About Umbralisib Tosylate
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Umbralisib Tosylate - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.
Research Results and Related Resources
Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Umbralisib Tosylate - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.