Archive - CGH Spotlight Blog
- New Report: Guiding Principles for Quality Cancer Treatment Services
C/Can 2025 is a first-of-its-kind multi-sectorial initiative led by UICC which aims to increase the number of people with access to quality cancer care services in cities around the world.
- CGH Hosts the Regional Centers of Research Excellence Program Launch Meeting for Cohort 1 Investigators
CGH convened the first meeting of the principal investigators funded in the first cohort. These investigators gathered to share their Research Center plans and provide feedback to one another.
- A new focus for the International Cancer Screening Network
The ICSN is thinking about how to take advantage of the nearly three decades of work in cancer screening program research and implementation and reach out more actively to low- and middle-income countries considering screening. For that purpose, ICSN is migrating from its historical place under NCI Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences to assume its new role within the Center for Global Health.
- Third Cohort joins NCI’s Affordable Cancer Technologies Program: supporting the development of affordable technologies for cancer detection, diagnosis, and treatment in LMICs
CGH is pleased to welcome the third cohort of investigator teams to the Affordable Cancer Technologies Program.
- First Cohort of Affordable Technologies for Cancer Detection, Diagnosis, and Treatment in LMICs Enters their Second Phase
The Affordable Cancer Technologies Program promotes the development and validation of low-cost, portable technologies.
- Together, WE CAN Make a Difference
This Saturday, February 4th is World Cancer Day 2017. It is a day to reflect on the progress that’s been made in research, treatment, and policy, all aimed at reducing the global burden of cancer. The Center for Global Health has worked determinedly this past year to bring us closer to this goal.
- CGH Director strengthens research and control partnerships in Kenya
Center for Global Health director Edward Trimble met with Kenyan partners and stakeholders in December 2016 to reiterate longer-term engagement to support national cancer control planning and expanded research capacity.
- GICR Partners Task Force for Cancer Registration in Vietnam
NCI joins global taskforce to strengthen population-based cancer registries with improved registry operations, access to case reports, and cancer surveillance.
- CGH Continues Building Partnership with the Commonwealth of Independent States at World Cancer Congress
During the recent World Cancer Congress, the National Cancer Institute Center for Global Health (NCI CGH) staff had the opportunity to follow up with several partners in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). The long-term relationships with CIS countries have recently been reinvigorated following the Central Asia Leadership Forum (CALF) that was co-sponsored by NCI CGH and the Uzbekistan National Cancer Center in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, in October 2015.