2014 - CGH Spotlight Blog
- The United States - Latin America Cancer Research Network: A multidisciplinary and collaborative approach to conducting clinical cancer research in Latin America
The United States – Latin America Cancer Research Network (US-LA CRN) convened its Annual Meeting, in coordination with the Ministry of Health of Chile to discuss the Network’s first multilateral clinical research study: Molecular Profiling of Breast Cancer (MPBC).
- More than 300 million people in at least 70 countries use smokeless tobacco
More than 300 million people in at least 70 countries use smokeless tobacco
- Approaching Pediatric Cancers through a Global Lens
Since the incidence of pediatric cancer is relatively constant worldwide, strengthening population-based registries to collect data on the extent of disease at diagnosis would be helpful in determining if late diagnosis may explain difference in outcome globally.
- Regional Cancer Registries – 20 Years and Growing
The NCI, Center for Global Health (CGH), the University of California at Irvine, the Middle East Cancer Consortium, and the International Agency for Research on Cancer partnered in support of the training course, held in Ankara, Turkey this past October, on The Uses of Cancer Registry Data in Cancer Control Research.
- The Mexican President, NCI’s Dr. Varmus, and Cancer Control in Mexico
The Mexican President, NCI’s Dr. Varmus, and Cancer Control in Mexico
- Global Health Diplomacy on Display: Dr. Varmus and Indian Prime Minister Modi
Global Health Diplomacy on Display: Dr. Varmus and Indian Prime Minister Modi