2015 - CGH Spotlight Blog
- Returning to Vietnam – Building on Collaborations in Cancer Control and Research
Dr. Paul Pearlman presented at the 9th US-Vietnam Joint Committee Meeting on Science and Technology Cooperation, held in Ho Chi Minh City by the Ministry of Science and Technology, and at a national cancer stakeholder meeting in Hanoi, held by the Ministry of Health.
- What an Indian Proverb Can Teach Us About Communication
Cancer Research in the Media: International Workshop for Scientific Journalism (CRiM), held last month in India - a partnership of the NCI Office of Communications and Public Liaison (OCPL) and NCI Center for Global Health (CGH).
- NIH-IEEE 2015 Strategic Conference on Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies for Precision Medicine
NIH and the Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (IEEE/EMBS) hosted the third iteration of the Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies Conference last week.
- Thinking Out of the Box to Expand Research in LMICs
Dr. Mahendra Naidoo, Fulbright Scholar with Johns Hopkins University, brings to CGH new approaches for public health – a cornerstone for research in NCDs.
- New Planning Grant Announced Promotes NCD Research
NCI launches the Regional Centers of Research Excellence (RCRE) program.
- Improving Chronic Disease in the Caribbean through Evidence-based Behavioral and Social Interventions
The Office for Behavioral and Social Sciences Research and the NCI’s Center for Global Health held a workshop entitled “Improving Chronic Disease in the Caribbean through Evidence-based Behavioral and Social Interventions”, which took place in Bridgetown, Barbados from July 21 to 24, 2015. The objectives of the workshop were to encourage the generation of research to more rapidly accelerate chronic disease prevention and management.
- Skillful News Reporting Drives Progress in Research
Call for Applications for Cancer Research in the Media Workshops in India: Deadline Extended to September 4, 2015.
- U.S. and Peru Formalize Alliance in Cancer Research
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) Center for Global Health (CGH) had the pleasure of welcoming a delegation of health officials from the Government of Peru for the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between the U.S. and Peru.
- Fostering Cooperation in Cancer Research
Thursday, June 25, 2015 Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between US National Cancer Institute and three agencies of the Indian government - the Department of Biotechnology, the Indian Council of Medical Research, and the Indian National Cancer Institute, a part of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences to foster cooperation in cancer research.
- Healthy Border 2020 Embassy Launch
The U.S.-Mexico Border Health Commission launched the Healthy Border 2020 at the Mexican Embassy in the United States on June 24, 2015. This new initiative aims to strengthening what was accomplished on the previous plan of action entitled Healthy Border 2010.