2016 - CGH Spotlight Blog
- CGH Director strengthens research and control partnerships in Kenya
Center for Global Health director Edward Trimble met with Kenyan partners and stakeholders in December 2016 to reiterate longer-term engagement to support national cancer control planning and expanded research capacity.
- GICR Partners Task Force for Cancer Registration in Vietnam
NCI joins global taskforce to strengthen population-based cancer registries with improved registry operations, access to case reports, and cancer surveillance.
- CGH Continues Building Partnership with the Commonwealth of Independent States at World Cancer Congress
During the recent World Cancer Congress, the National Cancer Institute Center for Global Health (NCI CGH) staff had the opportunity to follow up with several partners in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). The long-term relationships with CIS countries have recently been reinvigorated following the Central Asia Leadership Forum (CALF) that was co-sponsored by NCI CGH and the Uzbekistan National Cancer Center in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, in October 2015.
- Partnership in Cancer Control Planning Saves Lives
NCI’s Center for Global Health and partner Pink Ribbon Red Ribbon see success in large-scale training and collaboration efforts to address the growing burden of cervical and breast cancer in Zambia, Botswana, Ethiopia, and Tanzania.
- 2nd Annual Intra-NCI Global Cancer Research Day: Highlighting Prevention and Screening
2nd Annual Intra-NCI Global Cancer Research Day: Highlighting Prevention and Screening (GCR2016)
- Supporting the development of affordable technologies for cancer detection, diagnosis, and treatment in LMICs
Supporting the development of affordable technologies for cancer detection, diagnosis, and treatment in LMICs.
- IEEE-NIH 2016 Special Topics Conference on Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies
As we approach the upcoming Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Incorporated (IEEE)-NIH 2016 Special Topics Conference on Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies (http://hipt.embs.org/2016/) to be held in Cancun, Mexico November 9th to 11th, it's a good opportunity to reflect on what it is we’re trying to accomplish here and why individuals should attend.
- CGH Announces Recipients of Regional Centers of Research Excellence (RCREs) P20 Grant Awards
NCI, Center for Global Health (CGH) release of the applications represents novel global collaborations charged with planning and designing sustainable, Regional Centers of Research Excellence (RCREs) for non-communicable diseases, including cancer, in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) or regions.
- Reflections from a Year at the Center for Global Health
The Cancer Research Training Award (CRTA) Fellowship is a one-year fellowship, where a laboratory, a Center or a Division within the National Cancer Institute takes in a post baccalaureate trainee for a year. This trainee is typically someone who has completed their Bachelor’s degree and is ready to put their knowledge into useful action as they chart out their career and future education. After a year, CRTA Fellow, Tulika Singh reflects on her year of service.