The Center for Global Health contributes to the development and promotion of resources that advance global cancer research and collaboration in low- and middle-income countries.
For additional resources, visit Resources for International Partners.
C/Can 2025 City Cancer Challenge
The C/Can 2025 City Cancer Challenge: Guiding Principles for Quality Cancer Treatment Services in Cities toolkit describes the critical core package of interventions, and provides a framework for the delivery of a quality cancer solutions at the city level to guide city leaders and policy makers. It incorporates a set of evidence-based guiding principles, based on four core areas of practice within a multi-disciplinary cancer care facility, recognizing the spectrum of clinical services required to provide a quality cancer diagnosis and palliative treatment, with a commitment to placing the patient at the center of care.
Knowledge Summaries for Comprehensive Breast Cancer Control
The Knowledge Summaries for Comprehensive Breast Cancer Control is a series of tools to support policymakers, clinicians, and cancer advocates in identifying and prioritizing resource-appropriate interventions that aid in the planning and implementation of breast cancer control programs. 14 Knowledge Summaries are available for download.
- Planning: Comprehensive Breast Cancer Programs: Call to Action
- Planning: Improving Access to Breast Cancer Care
- Prevention: Breast Cancer Risk Factors and Risk Reduction
- Early Detection: Breast Health Awareness and Clinical Breast Exam
- Early Detection: Screening Mammography Programs
- Diagnosis: Clinical Assessment, Diagnostic Imaging and Staging
- Diagnosis: Breast Cancer Biopsy, Pathology and Subtypes
- Treatment: Locoregional Therapy: Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Treatment: Locoregional Therapy: Radiation Therapy for Breast Cancer
- Treatment: Systemic Therapy: Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer
- Treatment: Systemic Therapy: Hormonal Therapy and Targeted Agents
- Palliative Care: Palliative Care During Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Palliative Care: Palliative Care for Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Survivorship Care: Survivorship Care after Curative Treatment for Breast Cancer
- International Cancer Research Partnership
International Cancer Research Partnership
Search the International Cancer Research Partnership, a public database of cancer research awards from over 100 funding organizations to find projects and collaborators, avoid duplication of research efforts, and assess trends in cancer research over time. Visit the site to learn more about how to join the Partnership.
The National Cancer Institute established the Tobacco Control Monograph Series to provide ongoing and timely information about emerging public health issues in smoking and tobacco use control. Most recently, NCI has partnered with the World Health Organization to develop Monograph 21: The Economics of Tobacco and Tobacco Control, which examines the current research and evidence base surrounding the economics of tobacco control – including tobacco use, tobacco growing, manufacturing and trade, product taxes and prices, and control policies and other interventions to reduce tobacco use and its consequences. This information can help direct future research and inform tobacco prevention and control programs and policies in countries around the world.
Tobacco Control Research Branch - International Research on Tobacco Use
Find information on international grants, global resources, and ongoing activities with DCCPS Tobacco Control Research Branch International and Global Health Activities.
Discover NCI’s online resource and collaboration tool that supports professionals involved in the process of recruiting and retaining participants to clinical trials.
International Cancer Control Partnership
Explore selected resources on planning and capacity-building for cancer control, national cancer plans, and global cancer control initiatives and policies.
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases ClinRegs
An online database of country-specific, clinical research regulatory information.
NIH Laboratory Animal Welfare Education Resources
Find helpful online seminars from the NIH Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare.
Online Seminars and Educational Videos
- Center for Global Health Seminar Series
- National Cancer Control Planning and Implementation: The Basics
- Past NCI Summer Curriculum in Cancer Prevention and Control Lectures
- NCI Summer Curriculum in Cancer Prevention - Additional Lectures for International Participants
Documents, Reports, and Factsheets
- CGH Activities Report: Strengthening Global Cancer Research & Control
- TCRB International Research in Tobacco Control Factsheet
- International Activities of NCI-Designated Cancer Centers
- Integrating Cancer Control into Global Health
- Proceedings of the Symposium on Animal Welfare and Scientific Research (1985 to 2010)