2015 - Dialogue on Disparities
- Program Spotlight: 2015 Scientific Poster Winners at CRCHD Professional Development Workshop
As part of its 2015 Professional Development Workshop, CURE scholars, trainees, and investigators participated in a competitive poster session – providing participants with an opportunity to present research findings and future research plans.
- Director's Corner: Professional Development Workshop Helps Early Stage Investigators Build Independent Careers in Scientific Research
The Professional Development and Mock Review Workshop is a seminal event organized each year for CURE scholars and trainees. The event includes informative presentations, interactive discussions, a mock review, and poster session.
- Program Spotlight: CURE Scholars Participate in Annual Mock Grant Review to Prepare for Independent Research Careers
As part of its 2015 Professional Development Workshop, CRCHD held a mock review session for CURE scholars, trainees, and investigators to enhance their understanding of the grant review process and provide insight on successful grant applications.
- Special Spotlight: The Alabama Project Celebrates Survivors and Their Communities
In recognition of cancer survivors and their families, CRCHD celebrates cancer survivorship with a focus in on The Alabama Project and its visual storytelling of the powerful impact of community in survivorship.
- CURE Spotlight: Cesar Castro, M.D. Develops Smartphone Technology for Cancer Detection in Underserved Communities
Dr. Cesar Castro, a former K12 CURE scholar, and a team of researchers have developed a smartphone-based technology that converts a smartphone into a tool for cancer diagnosis.