Non-NIH Funded Investigators Submitting Data
Non-NIH funded investigators who wish to submit genomic data to dbGaP or the GDC should contact the extramural GPAs for DCB, Jennifer Strasburger: email@example.com and Shannon Hughes: firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on data sharing expectations, expectations for data submission formats, data sharing plans (DSPs), and Institutional Certification, see Data Submission.
The steps to submit your study for consideration include:
- Principal investigator (PI) submits Basic Study Information and Institutional Certification forms.
- GPA analyst will review documents for completeness and contact the PI if additional information/clarification is required. Studies with large storage amounts may incur a storage fee.
- Documents will be sent to an NCI subcommittee for review to determine the value of making the data broadly available to the scientific community.
- Subcommittee makes decision about sponsoring the study.
- If approved, GPA analyst registers study in the dbGaP submission system.
- dbGaP and/or GDC staff will contact PI via automated email to guide them through the remainder of the data submission process.
- PI uploads data and an accession number is assigned.