August 2016 - Cancer Currents Blog
- FDA Approves Pembrolizumab for Head and Neck Cancer
FDA granted pembrolizumab an accelerated approval for patients with recurrent or metastatic head and neck cancer that has continued to progress despite standard treatment with chemotherapy.
- Nanoparticle that Mimics Salmonella Counteracts Chemotherapy Resistance
A nanoparticle that mimics Salmonella may help to counteract chemotherapy resistance, according to a new study.
- CA-125 Testing, CT Scans Still Used for Ovarian Cancer Surveillance Despite Lack of Proven Benefit
A new study shows clinicians continue to use CA-125 testing and CT scans to monitor for recurrences although the benefit of these tests has not been proven.
- Adolescents Who Wouldn’t Have Smoked May Be Drawn to E-Cigarettes
The findings from a recent study suggest that adolescents are not just using e-cigarettes as a substitute for conventional cigarettes but that e-cigarettes are attracting new users to tobacco products.
- Nanoparticle Delivers Cancer Drugs to Tumor Blood Vessels
In cancer mouse models, nanoparticles that bind to a protein called P-selectin on tumor blood vessels shrank tumors and extended survival.