If You Want to Find Ways to Prevent Cancer...Learn About Prevention Clinical Trials
The booklet is for people who are thinking about joining a clinical trial that may help find ways to prevent cancer. Clinical trials are research studies that involve people.
This booklet explains:
- The different types of prevention trials
- How your rights are protected
- The benefits and risks of taking part
- Things to think about when deciding
- Questions for you to think about and discuss with your doctor
Choosing to take part in a cancer prevention trial is just one way you can take care of your health. The booklet can help you talk with your family, friends, and doctor and make a decision that is right for you.
The information in this booklet was last updated in May 2004.