Taking Part in Cancer Treatment Research Studies
This booklet is for people with cancer who are thinking about joining a clinical trial, which is a research study that involves people.
This booklet explains:
- How clinical trials take place in a series of steps, called phases
- How your rights are protected
- The process of randomization and why it is important
- The benefits and risks of taking part
- Questions for you to think about and discuss with your doctor
- How to find a clinical trial
By looking closely at all your treatment options, including clinical trials, you are taking an active role in a decision that affects your life. This booklet can help you talk with your family, friends, and doctor and make a decision that is right for you.
The information in this booklet was last updated in November 2016.