Basic Trial Information
|Phase III||Treatment||Closed||18 and over||Pharmaceutical / Industry||A8081014|
2010-021336-33, XALCORI, NCT01154140
This study will evaluate the anti-cancer effects of crizotinib when compared with standard chemotherapy in patients with ALK positive lung cancer.
- Proven diagnosis of locally advanced not suitable for local treatment, recurrent and metastatic non-squamous cell carcinoma of the lung
- Positive for translocation or inversion events involving the ALK gene locus
- No prior systemic treatment for locally advanced or metastatic disease; Patients with brain metastases only if treated and neurologically stable with no ongoing requirement for corticosteroids
- Evidence of a personally signed and dated informed consent document and willingness and ability to comply with scheduled visits, treatment plans, laboratory tests, and other study procedures including completion of patient reported outcome [PRO] measures.
- 18 years of age or older with the exception of India which has an upper age limit of 65 years old
- Current treatment on another therapeutic clinical trial.
- Prior therapy directly targeting ALK.
- Any of the following within the 3 months prior to starting study treatment: myocardial infarction, severe/unstable angina, coronary/peripheral artery bypass graft, congestive heart failure, or cerebrovascular accident including transient ischemic attack. - - Appropriate treatment with anticoagulants is permitted.
- Ongoing cardiac dysrhythmias of NCI CTCAE Grade >=2, uncontrolled atrial fibrillation of any grade, or QTc interval >470 msec.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Use of drugs or foods that are known potent CYP3A4 inducers/inhibitors Concurrent use of drugs that are CYP3A4 substrates with narrow therapeutic indices.
- Known interstitial lung disease or interstitial fibrosis
- Other severe acute or chronic medical conditions (including severe gastrointestinal conditions such as diarrhea or ulcer) or psychiatric conditions, or laboratory abnormalities that would impart, in the judgment of the investigator and/or sponsor, excess risk associated with study participation or study drug administration, and which would, therefore, make the patient inappropriate for entry into this study
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
Pfizer CT.gov Call Center, Study Director
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifier NCT01154140
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this data on May 19, 2015
Note: Information about this trial is from the ClinicalTrials.gov database. The versions designated for health professionals and patients contain
the same text. Minor
changes may be made to the ClinicalTrials.gov record to standardize the names of study sponsors, sites, and
contacts. Cancer.gov only lists sites that are recruiting patients for active trials, whereas ClinicalTrials.gov lists all sites for all trials. Questions and comments regarding the presented information should
be directed to ClinicalTrials.gov.