A Phase 3 Study of Ibrutinib (PCI-32765) Versus Ofatumumab in Patients With Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
Basic Trial Information
|Phase III||Treatment||Closed||18 and over||Pharmaceutical / Industry||PCYC-1112-CA|
The purpose of the study is to evaluate whether treatment with ibrutinib as a monotherapy results in a clinically significant improvement in progression free survival (PFS) as compared to treatment with ofatumumab in patients with relapsed or refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) or Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma (SLL)
Further Study Information
Study PCYC-1112-CA is a randomized, multicenter, open-label, phase 3 study of the Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase (BTK) inhibitor Ibrutinib (PCI-32765) versus Ofatumumab in patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia/Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma.
Patients randomized to the ofatumumab arm who experience disease progression (PD) may be considered to receive next subsequent therapy with ibrutinib.
- ECOG performance status of 0-1.
- Diagnosis of CLL or SLL that meets IWCLL 2008 criteria.
- Active disease meeting at least 1 of the IWCLL 2008 criteria for requiring treatment.
- Must have received at least one prior therapy for CLL/SLL.
- Considered not appropriate for treatment or retreatment with purine analog based therapy.
- Measurable nodal disease by CT.
- Patients must be able to receive outpatient treatment and laboratory monitoring at the institution that administers study drug for the entire study.
- Known CNS lymphoma or leukemia.
- No documentation of cytogenetic and/or FISH in patient records prior to first dose of study drug.
- Any history of Richter's transformation or prolymphocytic leukemia.
- Uncontrolled Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (AIHA) or idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura (ITP).
- Prior exposure to ofatumumab or to ibrutinib.
- Prior autologous transplant within 6 months prior to first dose of study drug.
- Prior allogeneic stem cell transplant within 6 months or with any evidence of active graft versus host disease or requirement for immunosuppressants within 28 days prior to first dose of study drug.
- History of prior malignancy, with the exception of certain skin cancers and malignancies treated with curative intent and with no evidence of active disease for more than 3 years.
- Serologic status reflecting active hepatitis B or C infection.
- Unable to swallow capsules or disease significantly affecting gastrointestinal function.
- Uncontrolled active systemic fungal, bacterial, viral, or other infection.
- History of stroke or intracranial hemorrhage within 6 months prior to the first dose of study drug.
- Requires anticoagulation with warfarin.
Trial Contact Information
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
- Janssen Research and Development, LLC
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifier NCT01578707
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this data on April 09, 2015
Note: Information about this trial is from the ClinicalTrials.gov database. The versions designated for health professionals and patients contain the same text. Minor changes may be made to the ClinicalTrials.gov record to standardize the names of study sponsors, sites, and contacts. Cancer.gov only lists sites that are recruiting patients for active trials, whereas ClinicalTrials.gov lists all sites for all trials. Questions and comments regarding the presented information should be directed to ClinicalTrials.gov.