Safety of PCI-32765 in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
Basic Trial Information
|Phase II, Phase I||Biomarker/Laboratory analysis, Treatment||Completed||18 and over||Pharmaceutical / Industry||PCYC-1102-CA|
The purpose of this study is to establish the safety and efficacy of orally administered PCI-32765 in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma.
1. FOR TREATMENT-NAIVE GROUP ONLY: Men and women ≥ 65 years of age with confirmed diagnosis of CLL/SLL, who require treatment per NCI or International Working Group guidelines 15-18
2. FOR RELAPSED/REFRACTORY GROUP ONLY: Men and women ≥ 18 years of age with a confirmed diagnosis of relapsed/refractory CLL/SLL following previous therapy(ie, failed ≥ 2 previous treatments for CLL/SLL and at least 1 regimen had to have had a purine analog [eg, fludarabine] for subjects with CLL)
3. FOR HIGH-RISK RELAPSED/ REFRACTORYGROUP ONLY: Men and women ≥ 18 years of age with a confirmed diagnosis of relapsed/refractory CLL/SLL with suboptimal response to chemoimmunotherapy, defined as progression of disease within 24 months of initiation of a regimen containing at least a nucleoside analogue or bendamustine in combination with a monoclonal antibody or failure to respond to such a regimen. (Note: a minimum of 2 cycles of chemoimmunotherapy required for eligibility)
4. ECOG performance status of ≤ 2
5. Willing and able to participate in all required evaluations and procedures in this study protocol including swallowing capsules without difficulty
1. Prior malignancy, except for adequately treated basal cell or squamous cell skin cancer, in situ cervical cancer, or other cancer from which the subject has been disease free for at least 2 years or which will not limit survival to < 2 years
2. Any immunotherapy, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or experimental therapy within 4 weeks before first dose of study drug (corticosteroids for disease-related symptoms allowed but require 1-week washout before study drug administration)
3. Central nervous system (CNS) involvement by lymphoma
4. Major surgery within 4 weeks before first dose of study drug
5. Concomitant use of medicines known to cause QT prolongation or torsades de pointes
6. Significant screening electrocardiogram (ECG) abnormalities including left bundle branch block, 2nd degree AV block type II, 3rd degree block, bradycardia, and QTc > 470 msec
7. Lactating or pregnant
Trial Contact Information
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifier NCT01105247
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this data on April 09, 2015
Note: Information about this trial is from the ClinicalTrials.gov database. The versions designated for health professionals and patients contain the same text. Minor changes may be made to the ClinicalTrials.gov record to standardize the names of study sponsors, sites, and contacts. Cancer.gov only lists sites that are recruiting patients for active trials, whereas ClinicalTrials.gov lists all sites for all trials. Questions and comments regarding the presented information should be directed to ClinicalTrials.gov.