Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome
This page contains brief information about doxorubicin hydrochloride liposome and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
Use in Cancer
- AIDS-related Kaposi sarcoma that has gotten worse after treatment with other chemotherapy, or in patients who are not able to use other drugs.
- Multiple myeloma. It is used with bortezomib in patients who have already been treated with other chemotherapy.
- Ovarian cancer that has gotten worse or recurred (come back) after treatment with other chemotherapy.
Doxorubicin hydrochloride liposome is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
Doxorubicin hydrochloride liposome is a form of doxorubicin hydrochloride contained inside liposomes (very tiny particles of fat). This form may work better than other forms of doxorubicin hydrochloride and have fewer side effects. Also, because its effects last longer in the body, it doesn't need to be given as often. For more information about doxorubicin hydrochloride that may apply to doxorubicin hydrochloride liposome, see the Drug Information Summary for Doxorubicin Hydrochloride.
More About Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Doxorubicin Hydrochloride Liposome - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.
Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Pegylated Liposomal Doxorubicin Hydrochloride - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.