About This Book
Radiation Therapy and You is written for you - someone who is about to get or is now getting radiation therapy for cancer. People who are close to you may also find this book helpful.
This book is a guide that you can refer to throughout radiation therapy. It has facts about radiation therapy and side effects and describes how you can care for yourself during and after treatment.
|Rather than read this book from beginning to end - look at only those sections you need now. Later, you can always read more.|
This book covers:
- Questions and Answers About Radiation Therapy. Answers to common questions, such as what radiation therapy is and how it affects cancer cells.
- External Beam and Internal Radiation. Information about the two types of radiation therapy.
- Your Feelings During Radiation Therapy. Information about feelings, such as depression and anxiety, and ways to cope with them.
- Side Effects and Ways To Manage Them. A chart that shows problems that may happen as a result of treatment and ways you can help manage them.
- Questions To Ask. Questions for you to think about and discuss with your doctor, nurse, and others involved in your treatment and care.
- Lists of Foods and Liquids. Foods and drinks you can have during radiation therapy.
- Ways To Learn More. Places to go for more information - in print, online (Internet), and by telephone.
Talk with your doctor and nurse about the information in this book. They may suggest that you read certain sections or follow some of the tips. Since radiation therapy affects people in different ways, they may also tell you that some of the information in this book is not right for you.