Ibritumomab Tiuxetan(ih-brih-TOO-moh-mab ty-UK-seh-tan)
This page contains brief information about ibritumomab tiuxetan and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
|US Brand Name(s):||Zevalin|
Ibritumomab tiuxetan is approved to treat:
- B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma. It is used in patients who have been treated with chemotherapy or with rituximab and have not gotten better or have had a relapse. Ibritumomab tiuxetan is combined with a radioactive substance and given with rituximab, as a type of radioimmunotherapy.
Ibritumomab tiuxetan is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.More About Ibritumomab Tiuxetan
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Ibritumomab Tiuxetan - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.
Biological Therapies for Cancer - Information about the use of this drug to treat cancer.
Targeted Cancer Therapies - Information about the use of this drug to treat cancer.Research Results
The Making of a Monoclonal Antibody - Information about the use of this drug to treat cancer.Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Ibritumomab Tiuxetan - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.
Important: The drug information on this page is meant to be educational. It is not a substitute for medical advice. The information may not cover all possible uses, actions, interactions, or side effects of this drug, or precautions to be taken while using it. Please see your health care professional for more information about your specific medical condition and the use of this drug.