This page contains brief information about pertuzumab and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
|US Brand Name(s):||Perjeta|
- Breast cancer that is HER2 positive (HER2+) and has metastasized (spread to other parts of the body). It is used in patients who have not been treated with anticancer drugs for metastatic disease.
- Breast cancer that is HER2+ and is locally advanced, inflammatory, or early-stage. It is used in patients who have a high risk that the cancer will metastasize or recur (come back). It is given as neoadjuvant therapy (to shrink the tumor before surgery).
Pertuzumab is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.More About Pertuzumab
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Pertuzumab - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.
Targeted Cancer Therapies - Information about the use of this drug to treat cancer.Research Results
Clinical Trial Results: Two Drugs That Hit One Target Show Efficacy Against Metastatic Breast Cancer - Important clinical trial results for this drug, background information, and how the trial was done.
Team From Harvard and Mass General Finds Dual HER2 Blockade Significantly Extends Progression-Free Survival - Information from the NCI Press Office about this drug.Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Pertuzumab - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.
Important: The drug information on this page is meant to be educational. It is not a substitute for medical advice. The information may not cover all possible uses, actions, interactions, or side effects of this drug, or precautions to be taken while using it. Please see your health care professional for more information about your specific medical condition and the use of this drug.