Fact Sheets: Tobacco and Smoking Cessation
Tobacco and Smoking Cessation
- "Light" Cigarettes and Cancer Risk
(Reviewed: 10/28/2010) - A fact sheet that answers questions about the health effects of smoking "low-tar," "mild," or "light" cigarettes.
- Cigar Smoking and Cancer
(Reviewed: 10/27/2010) - A fact sheet about the health risks associated with cigar smoking.
- Harms of Cigarette Smoking and Health Benefits of Quitting
(Reviewed: 12/03/2014) - A fact sheet that lists some of the cancer-causing chemicals in tobacco smoke and describes the health problems caused by cigarette smoking and the benefits of quitting.
- How To Handle Withdrawal Symptoms and Triggers When You Decide To Quit Smoking
(Reviewed: 10/29/2010) - A fact sheet that provides helpful tips related to smoking cessation.
- Secondhand Smoke and Cancer
(Reviewed: 01/12/2011) - A fact sheet that summarizes the studies on the health effects of exposure to environmental (secondhand) tobacco smoke.
- Smokeless Tobacco and Cancer
(Reviewed: 10/25/2010) - A fact sheet about the health risks associated with the use of smokeless tobacco.
- Where To Get Help When You Decide To Quit Smoking
(Reviewed: 10/28/2010) - A fact sheet that provides information about helpful resources for people who have decided to quit smoking.