PDQ (Physician Data Query) is NCI's comprehensive cancer database. It contains summaries on a wide range of cancer topics; a registry of 8,000+ open and 19,000+ closed cancer clinical trials from around the world; and a directory of professionals who provide genetics services. PDQ also contains the NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms, with definitions for 6,800+ cancer and medical terms, and the NCI Drug Dictionary, which has information on 2,300+ agents used in the treatment of cancer or cancer-related conditions.
PDQ (Physician Data Query)
- PDQ® - NCI's Comprehensive Cancer Database
Full description of the NCI PDQ database.
Cancer Information Summaries
- PDQ® Cancer Information Summaries: Adult Treatment
Treatment options for adult cancers.
- PDQ® Cancer Information Summaries: Pediatric Treatment
Treatment options for childhood cancers.
- PDQ® Cancer Information Summaries: Supportive and Palliative Care
Side effects of cancer treatment, management of cancer-related complications and pain, and psychosocial concerns.
- PDQ® Cancer Information Summaries: Screening/Detection (Testing for Cancer)
Tests or procedures that detect specific types of cancer.
- PDQ® Cancer Information Summaries: Prevention
Risk factors and methods to increase chances of preventing specific types of cancer.
- PDQ® Cancer Information Summaries: Genetics
Genetics of specific cancers and inherited cancer syndromes, and ethical, legal, and social concerns.
- PDQ® Cancer Information Summaries: Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Information about complementary and alternative forms of treatment for cancer patients.
PDQ Editorial Boards
- PDQ® Adult Treatment Editorial Board
Experts in the fields of medical oncology, radiation oncology, and surgical oncology.
- PDQ® Pediatric Treatment Editorial Board
Experts in the fields of pediatric oncology, pediatric surgery, pediatric neuro-oncology, and radiation oncology.
- PDQ® Supportive and Palliative Care Editorial Board
Experts in the fields of pain and palliative care, psychology, medical oncology, and pediatric oncology.
- PDQ® Screening and Prevention Editorial Board
Experts in the fields of oncology, cancer prevention, hematology, radiology, urology, statistics, epidemiology, and economics.
- PDQ® Cancer Genetics Editorial Board
Experts in the fields of epidemiology, primary care, ethics, law, psychology, social sciences, and medical genetics.
- PDQ® Cancer Complementary and Alternative Medicine Editorial Board
Experts in the fields of oncology, pharmacology, natural products, drug discovery and development, traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture, and homeopathy.
- Dictionary of Cancer Terms
A dictionary of 6,800+ cancer-related terms. This resource is updated monthly; new terms are reviewed by a multidisciplinary panel of reviewers, and approximately 30 terms are added each month.
- NCI Dictionary of Genetics Terms
A dictionary of more than 150 genetics-related terms written for healthcare professionals. This resource was developed to support the comprehensive, evidence-based, peer-reviewed PDQ cancer genetics information summaries.
- NCI Drug Dictionary
A dictionary that contains technical definitions, alternate names, and links to related information for 2,300+ agents that are being used in the treatment of patients with cancer or cancer-related conditions.
Cancer Genetics Services
- NCI Cancer Genetics Services Directory: Description
Description of the cancer genetics services directory and the qualifications of the professionals who are included.
- Cancer Genetics Services Directory
Directory of professionals who provide services related to cancer genetic risk assessment, counseling, and testing.
Other Ways to Get PDQ Information
- Cancer.gov Content Dissemination Program
Information about Cancer.gov's content dissemination program, which makes cancer information available in XML format for use in Web sites and in other information products.