Finding the Support You Need
It can be scary when you find out your Pap test is abnormal. You may find it helpful to:
- Ask friends or loved ones for support. They can go to the health care provider's office with you while you are learning about choices in follow-up testing and treatment.
- Ask your health care provider to:
- Help you understand medical terms that are confusing
- Tell you how other people have handled the types of feelings that you are having
- Contact the organizations listed in the Resources section.
"I owed it to myself and my family to find out if anything was wrong. And once I had the facts, it was easy to take the next step."
JENNY, AGE 46