Children with Cancer: A Guide for Parents
This guide is for parents who have a child with cancer. It has information about childhood cancer, together with tips to help you and your family to cope during this challenging time.
This guide covers:
- Childhood cancers
- Medical tests and procedures
- Treatments, including clinical trials
- Health issues such as nutrition, infection and pain
- Integrative medicine approaches
- Issues related to advanced cancer
It also has practical information to help you:
- Find a doctor and hospital for your child
- Talk with your child about cancer
- Cope and find support
- Stay organized and track key information
Each section also has quotes from parents, related resources, and questions to help you get more in-depth and personalized information. This guide is designed to be used as a tool in consultation with your child’s health care team.
The information in this booklet was last updated in September 2015.