Young People with Cancer: A Handbook for Parents
If your child has cancer -- this handbook is for you. Developed with input from parents who have a child with cancer and health care providers, it aims to help you prepare for, and cope during, the days ahead.
Booklet Date: January 2001
Use this handbook to learn about:
- Different types of cancer
- Cancer treatment and side effects
- Common medical procedures
- How to talk with your child about cancer
- How to cope and find support
- Common health issues
- Where to get more information
Descriptions of common childhood cancers, a dictionary, and a list of additional childhood cancer resources are also included, to help you learn more.